Printing and publishing is a profitable business opportunity in Nigeria you can embark upon easily.
In fact, you can start making millions of Naira from the printing business without owning a printing press.
All you need is first to acquaint yourself with the step-by-step processes involved in printing a good job with little or no start-up capital.
Steps To Start Printing Business
Secondly, you will need to start marketing your printing business to people who can give you printing jobs to do for them so you can make some profit.
To get printing and publishing contracts to go to companies, religious organizations, schools, and individuals in your community in Nigeria.
You will need to introduce your business formally to companies with a letter of introduction stating what you do and how they can benefit from your business.
On daily basis parties, crusades and meetings are hosted around you, these are opportunities to start introducing your business to people around for patronage.
If you persist in your marketing and they discover you are good they will stick with you and also pay any amount you charge them.
Below are quick ways to get done quality printing and publishing jobs.
1. First get the printing contracts e.g. Advertisement postal s, report cards, payment receipts, letterheaded papers, etc.
2. Take the job to be printed to a good graphic designer to do the graphic work/artwork.
3. Take the already completed graphic work to a lithographer to transfer the graphic work into a printing plate e.g. 201plate, chord, etc.
4. After getting the printing plate done, take it to a press where the printer will mount the plate on a printing machine, apply printing ink and transfer the graphic work from the plate into images on paper.
5. On completion of printing take the printed job on paper to a guillotine and cut the papers to the correct size you desire.
Also to maximize profit in your printing business, below are some locations in Lagos Nigeria where you can buy printing paper/ ink, and get good graphic designers, lithographers, and printing presses all at affordable prices.
1. Ladipo Street in Mushin Lagos.
3. Iyana-Ipaja etc.
Act on these ideas and you are on your way to owning a profitable printing and publishing.
See you at the top.