Shell Petroleum Development Company (SPDC) is the pioneer and leader of the petroleum industry in Nigeria. We invest heavily in our employees, which is reflected in our industry-leading development programme and our commitment to see our employees’ ideas travel and come to fruition.We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Principal Mechanical Static Engineer – Deepwater Projects
- Job TypeFull Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND MBA/MSc/MA
- Experience 10 – 15 years
- Location Lagos
- Job Fieldm Engineering / Technical Oil and Gas / Energy
Job ID: 125197BR_EN
Employment Type: Full Time
Experience level: Experienced Professionals
- To provide leadership and specialist expertise on static and rotating equipment engineering, with TA2 accountabilities, for project and assets to achieve compliance to Process Safety, HSSE and Quality standards.
- To Supervise and coach assigned Mechanical Engineering SGP and SATP engineers, Industrial Trainees and Interns to attain expected levels of competence.
- To Assist the Regional Discipline Lead – Mechanical Engineering, in managing the health of the mechanical engineering skill pool and deliver the mechanical engineering improvement plan target.
Includes, but not limited to the following:
- Lead Mechanical Engineer responsible for providing mechanical engineering leadership, expertise and assurance services for the Dry systems on Bonga FPSO and various Tie-Back and brownfield projects.
- Create demonstrable value for customers by understanding their drivers and critical success factors.
- Provide effective interfaces and relationships within/between disciplines, and peers in other P & T teams.
- Execute, with assigned resources, technical work for FEED and Detailed Designs (designs, specifications, drawings, etc.) and Operations Support within designated CTR scopes.
- Ensure own discipline engineering and design work successfully delivered and appropriate reviews conducted.
- Carry out appropriate discipline and inter discipline checks and reviews of engineering and design work.
- Contribute to the development of execution contracting strategies that compliment designs, construction methods and operating methods.
- Drive best practices implementation of static and rotating equipment strategies on the Asset.
- Remain engaged in design issues and decisions throughout construction, commissioning and start-up.
- Capture/apply internal and external learning, including HSE improvements.
- Deliver continuously improving performance, benchmarked as top tier in the industry.
- Ensure the quality of technical work and the technical integrity, constructability, functionality, safe operation and reliability of designs.
- Contribute to excellent HSE performance throughout the engineering phase of the project life cycle
- Lead or participate in relationships with various industry groups and external service providers.
- Participatory review of engineering standards and procedures.
- Identify new technologies for use in the mechanical engineering discipline and contribute to deployment in the business.
- Contributory participation in mechanical engineering discipline networks.
- Provide support to the Head, Mechanical Engineering to establish a qualitative delivery capacity for mechanical engineering scopes in projects.
- Champion application of Requirement Management and System Engineering initiatives for project specifications and contractors’ activities on static and rotating equipment.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering (or equivalent) with 15 years post graduate experience in engineering with at least 10 years working as a mechanical static engineer in project delivery environment (including familiarity with mechanical static and Rotating Equipment engineering tools); Skilled in the use of mechanical simulation tools e.g., CAESAR II, PV Elite, HTRI, ANSYS, etc
- COREN Registered or in the Registration Process. (Not Negotiable)
- IMechE Registered or in the Registration Process (Non-Commencement of Registration may be waved, but will be required going forward)
- Previous experience leading mechanical engineering team in detailed design and execution of Mega Projects
- Demonstrable experience in interfacing with other engineering disciplines including Process and Structural
- Skilled in the use of industry codes and standards
- Knowledge of construction and integration issues in Deepwater development
- Experience with or understanding of Operations and Maintenance work process is an advantage.
- Experienced in Field/facility engineering and technical safety/risk engineering.
- Good interpersonal and negotiating skills, know-how of planning, economics and auditing.
- Strong conceptual, innovative, and systems thinking ability
- Team player, self-motivated, coaching skills, persistence, with ability to think outside- the- box.
- Visibly demonstrate personal and company HSE commitment.
- Must have ability to work with and influence multi-discipline and multi-cultural teams.
- Demonstrated capability to proactively implement plans and follow through with sustained execution, meeting project milestones.
- Familiar with project development challenges in Nigeria or in other regions with similar challenges.
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
- Principal Mechanical Static Engineer – Deepwater Projects