Ikeja Electricity Distribution Company (IKEDC)
– Buoyed by a mission to redefine customer experience and be the provider of choice wherever energy is consumed, the Ikeja Electric (IE), Nigeria’s largest power distribution network, came into existence on November 1st, 2013 following the handover of the defunct Power Holding Company Of Nigeria (PHCN) to NEDC/ KEPCO Consortium under the privatization scheme of the Federal Government of Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: IT Infrastructure Analyst – Desktop Support Analyst
Job Type: Full time
Reporting To: IT Service Manager
- The Role of the Desktop Support Analyst involves the provision of technical support for personal computers and desktop applications, printers and other computer peripherals in a network environment.
- It includes the delivery, installation and setup of new computers (Laptops and Desktops) with approved software in the end-user community within IE.
- Complete software/hardware installs, upgrades, moves and roll-outs as and when requested, to the satisfaction of all parties involved. This includes patching and first-line telephony responsibilities.
- Maintain a central library for IE Software, including reference manuals, installation guides, etc.
- Keeping hardware inventories, application profiles, procedure manuals up to date and current.
- Investigate faults relating to desktop applications and their configuration, identify and implement appropriate solutions.
- Work with end-users to develop an understanding of the needs and uses.
- Organize end user training on effective and appropriate use of the company’s desktop resources.
- Collaborate with other team members to resolve complex issues.
- Provide support for Vending PCs and other POS terminals.
- Work with external vendors to resolve hardware and software issues.
- Troubleshoot hardware, software and LAN issues.
- Troubleshoot and configure Client wireless devices.
- Respond to incident requests relating end user computing,
- Comply with Quality Management System / Occupational Health & Safety requirements including objectives and applicable regulations relating to assigned jobs.
- Assist in Carry out any other duties as requested by the Head of Department.
>>Apply for Amotekun Recruitment 2020 / 2021
- First degree (M. Tech./M.E) in Information Technology or Computer Science or any other related field; or MBA in Information Technology Management or related areas.
- 4+ years’ experience in hands-on Server and Network Administration role.
- Extensive problem-solving and debugging skills.
- Experience with working in an ITIL environment.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Flexible in working outside of core business hours at short-notice.
- Computing and User Support
- Networking Administration
- Server Administration
- Hardware Configuration
- Application Support and Maintenance
- Information Security
- Communication and Interpersonal Relations
- Supervisory/Managerial Skills
- Problem Solving and Decision Making
- Managing Resources
- Business Focus
Application Closing Date
19th June, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online