The taxi mobile phone APP innovation introduced by Uber has really made it easier for regular taxi cab users and drivers in major cities of Nigeria come closer than ever before.
How to Start Uber Business in Nigeria – Requirements For 2021
With the Uber mobile phone App a customer can easily locate and book for the services of any nearby Uber cab driver for a comfortable ride to his or her destination.
But apart from making transportation easy and comfortable the Uber taxi services has also created a more profitable way for drivers to earn as much as N180,000 to N250,000 monthly basis.
Uber Business Requirements For 2021
I know you are here to learn how to make huge income from Uber cab business in Nigeria but before I go further to give you the requirement for starting business, I would like to take you through a short history of how Uber started business.
Uber is a San Francisco, California based transport company founded in 2009 by Garrett Camp and Travis Kalanick to provide easy, affordable transport service for commuters and according to report an online Uber currently operates in more than 700 cities with about 120million users worldwide.
Uber cab business in Nigeria is very profitable and the opportunity to make steady income exists for anyone who is interested and ready to meet the company’s startup requirements.
You can join Uber business in Nigeria either as a driver or a Cab owner. If you are a Uber cab owner, you will make more money from the business driving the car yourself than when you employ a drive and pay him an agreed sum weekly or monthly.
Best Time To Operate Uber Cab Service
According to an experienced Uber cab business operator, he said the best hour of the day to drive your Uber cab is during the early morning rush, closing hours of the evening when people are rushing home from work or an event and on weekends.
To start Uber cab business in Nigeria, there is some basic requirements put in place by owners of Uber taxi services to ensure good standard is maintained has it pertains to the condition of the Uber cars and attitude of drivers towards the passengers. Below are the requirements for starting Uber Cab business in Nigeria.
UBER Business In Nigeria REQUIREMENTS for 2021
When it comes to the required car to be used for Uber cab business in Nigeria, I will say not all type of cars are allowed to do Uber business in Nigeria. Initially when Uber just came into Nigeria, the company said then that the car to be used for Uber must be a Toyota Camry or Corolla and not lower than 2008 model.
However, things have changed Uber taxi services no longer limits it to Toyota cars but now other brand of cars are allowed to do Uber business in Nigeria.
Below is the list of requirement for Uber Accepted Cars and drivers in Nigeria.
UBER DRIVERS REQUIREMENTS 2021
For a driver or car to be accepted for Uber business in Nigeria, the following Uber set standard must be in place.
- As a Uber driver you must have a valid driving license for Nigeria
- You must have completed a safety screening
- You should be at least 21 years of age
- It is compulsory for the driver to go through a full background check by Uber.
- Sign up on Uber online platform and upload all necessary document required by Uber
UBER VEHICLES REQUIREMENTS 2021
- Uber X and Uber Black cars must be sedan very clean and posh, hatches are not accepted.
- The vehicle must be 2008 model or newer than that eg (Toyota Corolla, Toyota Camry, Honda Accord, Honda Civic, Honda Element, Hyundai Elantra, Hyundai Sonata, Hyundai Tucson, Kia Rio)
- The vehicle’s Mileage should not be above 100,000KMs when put into the Uber system.
- The car must have a minimum of 1750mm width.
- All vehicles to used for Uber business must have an air condition and a working radio. Electrically operated Windows preferably.
- Uber taxi cabs must have seat belt for all passengers and driver.
- Only one driver is allowed per Uber account so the name of the person driving the car is what will be documented.
- Vehicle will remain on Uber system except complaints from riders about quality occur at any point.
- No salvage vehicle must have a clear title.
- The car must pass Uber car inspection at Yaba or Lekki center in Lagos.
TYPES OF UBER PARTNERSHIP AVAILABLE
Four types of doing Uber partnership exists.
Car Owner as Driver
Here, You are the car owner and also the driver.That means you are a Uber partner driver. This will even pay you better because the money you should have been giving to a paid driver automatically add up to your own. You will manage the car and fuel well.
Car Owner Hires a Driver
In this case the car owner hires a driver to use the car on Uber or hire a trained and uber driver to earn income. To ensure optimal usage of car in other to maintain earnings the owner must create time’ and put in energy to manage both car and driver.
Registered Uber partner manages the car and driver for Owner
The car owner partners with registered to manage the car and driver and get paid for his service. The registered Uber partner is responsible for fueling, maintenance and repairs of the car except when there is serious engine problem which hardly occurs.
In the hire purchase system the car owner employ a driver who remits a fixed amount of money weekly based on signed agreement to own the car at the end of specified time.
Here the driver and registered partner signs a contract with the car owner to pay a fixed amount of money for a specified time after which the driver and partner become the owners of the car.
Important Things about Uber Business in Nigeria
Before starting below is a list of some very important things you should know about Uber business in Nigeria.
- In the Uber cab business in Nigeria, the Uber Company gets 25% of every amount made by you from the business while the remaining 75% belongs to you. (Uber charges in Lagos are N200 fares, N11 per minute and N60/kilometer)
- Uber pays weekly; they will send you a report showing your activities for the week and how much you’re due to receive. But, if you have received some cash during any of your trips, you’re to submit all cash accrued to your corresponding Uber Partner. Uber will never ask you for cash instead they take their percentage from whatever card transactions you might have gathered over the week so you don’t have to worry about owing Uber because it will never happen. If you are an Uber Partner, you can make between N30,000 – N100,000 a week. As a Uber Partner, you will be driving around a lot, so you will need a fuel-efficient car. The likes of Hyundai Accent, Toyota Corolla or Kia Rio are some of the best Uber X cars because of their fuel efficiency.
- Uber says it is compulsory for all cars to have comprehensive insurance but not particular about the insurance provider.
- As a Uber driver, you can make as many as 100 trips per week.
- Cost of fuelling your car is around N35,000 a week, however the cost depends on the type of car, engine size and the number of trips per day.
- About 50% of Uber rides in Nigeria are paid for in cash. This has been linked to the fact that many Nigerians are not comfortable with leaving their card details on an online platform.
- Hotels and malls are excellent places to get customers for your Uber taxi cab.
- Know how to Install and operate the Uber App
You can go to Uber website : uber.com or visit Google play store to download the Uber APP
CHALLENGES OF UBER BUSINESS IN NIGERIA.
When it comes to transportation business in Nigeria, the desire of every investor is to find dedicated and honest drivers who will handle his/her vehicles well. But if you have a dishonest driver he can go out of the way to use your Uber car for drop and pick. And may sometimes not buy the correct amount of fuel needed per day.
So note that the success of your Uber business in Nigeria depends largely on the quality of the driver working for you.
In other not to fall into the hands of a bad driver, it’s advisable you secure the services of an employement agent who will help you recruit a good driver. And also you can install vehicle tracking device to monitor his activities.
UBER OFFICE CONTACT ADDRESSES IN NIGERIA
Uber Abuja office
Top floor, Jabi Lake Mall, Balance Sokoto Way, Abuja, Nigeria.
Working Hours: Monday to Friday 9am to 4pm, But close by 3pm on Fridays.
Uber Lagos office
Retail unit No. 5, Second upper floor, Maryland Mall, 350/360 Ikorodu Road, Lagos Nigeria. Working Hours: Monday to Friday 9am to 4pm, But close by 3pm on Fridays
Uber business Nigeria has not only helped make transportation in country very easy but it has become a profitable business that is putting food on the table of many homes in the country.
So have gone through this article the next thing is to take steps because, I believe you now know the startup requirement for Uber business in Nigeria, list of Uber accepted cars in Nigeria, Uber car requirements in Nigeria 2021, list of cars accepted by Uber Nigeria, best cars for Uber in Nigeria, how much Uber pays Car owners in Nigeria, Uber partner Nigeria, Uber vehicle inspection.
For more information please visit the OFFICIAL WEBSITE OF UBER