Are you searching here searching for information on how to become a member of the Manufacturers Association of Nigeria (MAN)? If yes, then in this article I will be taking you through the basic MAN membership requirements, the step by step process on how to register and become Member Of Manufacturers Association of Nigeria (MAN).
MAN Membership Requirements And Procedures
About The Manufacturers Association of Nigeria (MAN)
The Manufacturers Association of Nigeria (MAN) was established in May, 1971 to provide a platform for the private sector to formulate and articulate policy suggestions that would be complementary to governments’ efforts at policy formulation.
MAN is in business to create a climate of opinion in this country in which manufacturers can operate efficiently and profitably for the benefit of all. As the collective voice of its members, MAN was established to promote and protect manufacturers collective interests.
The establishment of the Manufacturers Association of Nigeria was therefore seen as a forum for the private sector to formulate and articulate policy suggestions that would be complementary to government’s efforts at policy formulation. MAN is in business to create a climate of opinion in this country in which manufacturers can operate efficiently and profitably for the benefit of all. As the collective voice of its members, MAN was established to promote and protect manufacturers’ collective interests.
• Provide for manufacturers all over Nigeria the means of formulating, making known and influencing general policy in regard to industrial, labour, social, legal, training, and technical matters;
• To develop and promote the contribution of manufacturers to the national economy through government and otherwise, whose work may affect directly or indirectly the interests of manufacturers;
• To encourage a high standard of quality of members’ products through the collective and circulation of useful information and the provision of advice;
• To encourage the patronage of members’ products by Nigerians and by consumers in foreign countries;
• To communicate and liaise with kindred and other bodies, in the accomplishment of the objectives of the Association and on subjects of common interest.
By pursuing these objectives, the Association hopes that members would be helped to play their full part in creating wealth on which national economic prosperity and social progress depend. Overall, the task of MAN is that of helping to promote policies for a more stable and buoyant economy without which industry cannot be efficient and financially healthy. In order to do this, the Association endeavors to put across its viewpoints at national, state and local levels. Such viewpoints are the products of research and the collective experience of member companies. The basic philosophy of the Association is to ensure the well-being of its members on which the livelihood of their management, workers, customers and suppliers depends.
MAN Membership Requirement
The membership requirement steps below details the process to becoming a member of MAN
Step 1: Confirm Eligibility
A prospective member of MAN
1. MUST HAVE A MANUFACTURING PLANT IN NIGERIA
2. MUST BE A MANUFACTURER OF AT LEAST ONE PRODUCT
3. THE MANUFACTURING PLANT MUST BE IN PRODUCTION.
4. THE PRODUCT(S) MUST BE DULY REGISTERED WITH APPROPRAITE REGULATORY BODY (SON, NAFDAC, ETC)
Step 2: Make Payment for Application Form
An intending member of the Association, (being a manufacturer) will be required to obtain and complete a membership Application Form
Click Here to make payment
1. APPLICATION FORM [N5,000.00]
Step 3: Fill Application Form, Upload Necessary Documents and Save
Documents required for upload include:
1. COMPANY’S CERTIFICATE OF INCORPORATION
2. CORPORATE AFFAIRS COMMISSION (CAC) FORMS C02 AND C07
3. COPIES OF DULY CERTIFIED AUDITED FINANCIAL STATEMENT FOR PROCEEDING TWO (2) YEARS OR BUSINESS PLAN FOR NEW COMPANIES
4. A COVERING LETTER ON THE LETTER HEAD OF YOUR COMPANY APPLYING TO BE REGISTERED AS A MEMBER OF MAN
Step 4: Make Payment For Annual Subscription, Levies and Submit
1. REGISTRATION FEE [N10,000.00]
2. ANNUAL SUBSCRIPTION
3. SPECIAL DEVELOPMENT LEVY
4. LAND USE CHARGE LEVY FOR MEMBERS IN LAGOS ONLY [N20,000.00]
5. BUY MADE-IN-NIGERIA PRODUCTS ADVERT LEVY [N10,000.00]
6. LEGAL LEVY [N10,000.00]
7. AGM LEVY [N10,000.00]
Step 5: Await Schedule of Inspection Visit From MAN
Await Schedule of Inspection Visit From MAN
Step 6: Await Confirmation of Approval From MAN
Await Confirmation of Approval From MAN
Here are the Contact addresses of Manufacturers Association of Nigeria (MAN)
Click the Manufacturers Association of Nigeria MAN Website