Graduate Finance Clerk job opportunity at the International Rescue Committee (IRC) interested applicants should get details and apply below.
Employment Category: Fixed Term
Employment Type: Full-Time
Open to Expatriates: No
Background / IRC Summary
The conflict in North East Nigeria has displaced over 1.9 million people and shattered livelihoods of many more. Since 2012 IRC has been delivering support to communities affected; across Borno, Yobe and Adamawa states, with field offices in Maiduguri, Monguno, Gwoza, Damaturu, Yola and Mubi and a country office in Abuja. With over 700 staff, we deliver humanitarian support and longer term recovery programming in health, nutrition, WASH, education, protection, economic recovery and livelihoods. We work in coordination with State government Ministries, WHO, UNICEF, UNHCR, UN OCHA and other development organizations. IRC is an active participant in coordination mechanisms to contribute to improved impact.
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) supports communities in transition to help people whose lives and livelihoods are destroyed by conflict and disaster to survive, recover, and gain control of their future. We work across five outcome areas; economic wellbeing, education, health, power and safety, with outcomes maintaining strong gender, governance and conflict sensitive components. We currently deliver high-impact and cost-effective solutions in nearly 40 countries.
Scope of Work:
- The Finance Clerk reports to the Senior Finance Officer in Abuja, the FCT.
- He/She will be responsible for the filing of all documents, archiving, retrieval of financial documents daily.
- Maintain both hard and soft folders for VAT report, PAYE report, NSITF report and WHT Report.
- Ensure that all cash and bank payments documents are properly filed and stalled in the archive timely and accurately.
- Ensuring that cash and bank payment documents are distributed to authorizer timely and in line with operating authorization matrix.
- Ensure accurate and timely retrieval of documents for audits as the audits come up.
- Ensure that all documents used for audit are accurately returned to appropriate boxes and stalled a soon as the audit is over.
- Support the finance assistant in Maintaining the receipt book and ensuring that authorized receipts are issued upon receipt of monies.
- Collect acknowledged VAT report submitted to FIRS monthly.
- Collection of NSITF receipt from the bank monthly
- Archiving of prior years’ finance documents as instructed by the DDF & SFM.
- Diligent follow-up to ensure fully signed mandates are processed to vendor.
- Prior to filing ensure that all documents have been stamped ‘PAID’ including the check number details.
- Any other duty as assigned by the supervisor.
- Regular and open communication with IRC staff from all departments and field offices.
- Represents the country office with external TAX and other statutory authorities.
- Attend and participate in trainings identified/organized by your supervisor.
- Follow any new procedures and guidelines designated in circulars from Country Director.
- Report any violations of the IRC Sexual Abuse and Exploitation Code of Conduct (in-country and World-wide) as per the IRC reporting mechanism. The reporting of violations is an obligation on the part of all staff members.
- Assist where necessary in undertaking activities that aim to prevent the occurrence of sexual abuse and exploitation of refugees by IRC and other humanitarian workers.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned by your supervisor.
- B.Sc / HND in Accounting from recognized College/Institutions.
- Minimum one (1) year experience in the financial area of a non-profit organization.
- Extensive experience in working with computerized accounting systems, standard spreadsheet and database programs, preferably SUN systems and visions.
- Extensive experience in filing, retrieval and archiving of documents.
- Good written and verbal skills in the English language.
- Ability to carry out responsibilities independently with minimal technical support.
- Good communication skills that function across a diversity of cultures.
- Able to work in a high-pressure situation,
- Strong inter-personal skills, able to coach and support others.
- Self motivated, honest, highly responsible and punctual
- Be highly organized.
Note: The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way – Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.
21 total views, 1 views today