During this pandemic a lot of popularity has been gained by hybrid events. It is safe to participate in these events. Now there is no need to postpone the events. Because of the outbreak of COVID-19, the events industry is shifting towards hybrid events. Here are the pros. and cons. of hybrid events.
If it is not possible to attend the events of in-person type for certain people then virtual events are a solution for them. But what will happen when the events of in-person type will become popular once again? In this situation hosting hybrid events is a very good solution. Its advantages are:
- It helps in establishing a connection that is sustainable – Hybrid events are very beneficial to the people as these provide them a virtual component and so the people who don’t want to travel can get benefit of that component. These events help in reducing pollution because with the use of virtual components the people do not need to travel by air to reach the event’s venue. Earlier it was necessary for the participants that for so many nights they have to leave home and stay away so as to attend the event.
Along with this the exhibitors and sponsors that cannot reach the events of in-person type can attend it in the form of hybrid events by using virtual components. With this it will be possible to generate more and more money.
- A lot of inclusion and so much diversity – One thing that is very good in these types of events is that debates and discussions are richer and deeper. So, the opinions are more diverse. All this becomes possible because a large number of attendees can attend this event.
Also, if you are going to attend a hybrid event by using a virtual component then you do not need an application for visa or any other documentation so as to reach that nation where the event is going to be held. In addition to this by charging the fees from delegates a lot of revenue can be collected.
- The attendees have the choice – There is always a choice for the participants of the hybrid events. A different experience is provided to the delegates where they can use a digital medium for interacting with others. Here the participants can attend either an in-person event or they can attend the event virtually.
In these events you can invite a large number of people without worrying about the space. If your venue is not so big that all the attendees can attend the event in-person then you can ask some attendees to attend it virtually. This will also save money and time of virtual attendees that could have been wasted if they travel by plane, train, bus or car so as to reach the venue.
We are aware of the advantages of hybrid events. This industry has some concerns also that are most common:
- These try to change the people who attend it – Challenging the participants to change usually occurs at hybrid events. It gives the people the choice of attending the event either in-person or virtually. However if a person who takes interest in attending it virtually is asked to attend it in-person or if a person who takes interest in attending it in-person is asked to attend it virtually then in both the cases the person will not like it.
- Envy of the audience – An envy in the 2 types of audience i.e., in person or virtual can occur in these types of events. But why? Because in the physical location, no virtual attendee will take interest. Similarly, in the virtual component or in the virtual audience no in-person participant will take interest.
- Delivering these events is very complex – So many resources are needed to produce a hybrid event. Here 2 events need to be delivered and so more money will be required. So we can say that it is very complex to host Hybrid Events.