Mobile App development has grown as an industry in itself. It has positively impacted a lot of other industries such as the e-commerce industry, entertainment industry, and the healthcare industry.
Photo by National Cancer Institute on Unsplash
While the effects of mobile app on the former of two are known, let us discuss the latter of them, i.e., healthcare. The Healthcare industry has grown in conjecture with technology. It is an industry that is rapidly expanding and reaching new horizons. Similarly, healthcare cares mobile app development has spread healthcare beyond traditional boundaries. People can easily access the information and resources that they want.
So, what is a Healthcare Mobile App?
A healthcare mobile app is a piece of specially made software that aims to cater to a particular audience. who is this audience? people who need, want, or require medical assistance. Healthcare mobile apps, in essence, deliver a service like any other app.
While an e-commerce app provides products to buy, and an escape room app lets you book an escape room. A healthcare mobile App will allow you to get access to medical knowledge, guidance, and other services.
Types of healthcare mobile app
There are, in essence, multiple types of healthcare mobile apps. Some good, some bad, some just exist. While a few of these apps are not strictly healthcare, they deal with issues of fitness, diet, and nutrition.
Some apps allow people to consult with doctors and schedule appointments. People can also find a suitable doctor in their area and get an appointment. At the same time, some other apps help medical professionals themselves.
Some recent trends in Healthcare Mobile App Development
With the growing prominence of mobile apps, it has become important to analyze the trends of growth for businesses. Some trends as observed in the industry are listed below:
1. AI implementation
AI has become a flagbearer in the technological race. Almost every industry is gunning to make AI their forefront to appeal to customers and investors alike. This is not without a good cause. AI has made scheduling, analyzing, and other tasks easier for us.
The impact AI has had on the technological aspect is itself revolutionary. Fewer resources (human resources) need to be spent via AI implementation. This allows faster work with fewer chances of human error.
2. Cloud Technology
Cloud technology is another growing trend in healthcare mobile app development. Cloud has led to some serious changes in the past couple of years. In the pandemic itself, the cloud became useful for tracking and subduing infections.
Cloud-based solutions are quite popular in industries besides healthcare. But it is now finding its roots in Healthcare mobile app development as well.
3. Blockchain technology
Just like with any other commercial app, blockchain helps in establishing strong and smooth communication. It also provides safe and protective data transfer and elimination safety breaches.
With more and more people ordering medicines online, safety and security are important. Blockchain in congregation with the above two technologies helps in securing payments and user data.
Features of Healthcare Mobile App Development
Depending on what version and type of healthcare mobile app you use, the features will depend on it.
Photo by Yura Fresh on Unsplash
So for a client-side app (Patients):
- Patients would be registered and tracked. This normally means that you will be required to log in/register with your mobile number or email.
- Scheduling is a common feature as well. Whether it is scheduling your prescriptions or appointments, it is an important part of a healthcare app.
- Ordering Prescribed medications is another important factor. People will be able to door medicines through the app like any other e-commerce mobile app.
- Consultation can be done through text or call. This allows patients to get prescriptions or a preliminary reading of the situation.
- Emergency services can be notified and requested through certain apps. This is a useful feature in case of ‘emergencies
- Navigation and finders will help patients find and locate hospitals, clinics, and even individual doctors.
- A chatbot assists patients with their needs.
For Doctors, a professional healthcare mobile app development will feature such as:
- Profile builder to create an online portfolio for doctors and hospitals. This will help them in getting in contact with patients.
- The patient list and manager will help doctors in handling various different patients efficiently.
- Features to provide prescription (e-prescription) allow doctors to permit patients to start treatment or medication immediately.
The general estimation is that developing a healthcare mobile app on just one platform may cost anywhere from between 40,000$ to upwards of 3,00,000$. Depending on the variety, use, and features, an app may cost more or less. Furthermore, a lot of this budget is useful for testing and maintenance of the app.
Mobile Apps are quickly becoming more and more prevalent. No longer are they just for entertainment. Mobile apps provide unmatched ease of access and services. These two, combined with the importance of healthcare, make a healthcare mobile app quite important.
Though most apps now are still being worked upon and improved. We will definitely see more and more healthcare apps come and make our lives easier.